I was working within teams on various different projects over the course of the Internship. I was always included in the teams, allocated work that employees would normally do so that I could feel that I was really making a contribution. Tasks were given to me to challenge me but also allow me to daily learn new skills to build up my experience. I worked in Audit so I had a lot of contact with clients, their financial details, their offices and other members of staff, and felt like I was treated as one of the team.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a really good summer, made a lot of friends who I've kept in touch with, I enjoyed most of the work and do not have any complaints about the company.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
One of my managers in particular made me feel very valued and was really helpful in building my confidence and showing me how my work made a difference.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was usually very busy, although some less intense days were always welcome to finish off any admin/compliance that was still outstanding
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt a lot that will be really helpful in the future because I want to go into this proffession. Presentation and research skills were new to me because I do not use them at Uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly, helpful, understanding, fun, not intimidating
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all made really good friends, regularly went out and I am still in contact with them now. The other interns made the placement, it would not have been as fun without having other interns around.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was London so it was expensive but I lived at home during it so that saved me money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?