Intern at PwC

Uxbridge Greater London

PwC is a Top Employer

8.1/10

I was assigned to two different clients during my internship there. I was given tasks such as finding out key information from the client by regular meetings with them and then documenting it onto the audit software, carrying out tests to check invoices for stock, payments and fixed assets and also casting (proof-reading) drafts of annual reports to make sure that all the dates and figures were correct, that there were no spelling mistakes and that each page was presented in the same way.

I enjoyed it very much as I was able to meet a variety of different people. I got to know the other interns well and also within the audit team you are assigned to, it consists of people of all different levels and so you get a wide insight into the company.

When I was given tasks to do, I was always thanks and felt appreciated, regardless of what how many levels they were above me.

They were all very supportive and patient with me as I did not have any experience with audit/accountancy before. If I ever needed anything I was not afraid to ask.

There was always something for me to do and if I felt overwhelmed, there was support to help me.

Even though the tasks I was given may be perceived as quite tedious, they were important for the people on the level above me to help save them time and also continue with their work efficiently.

It was my first time in an office environment and has greatly prepared me for the future. During the internship there was also an ongoing intern project working with other offices within the South East and it helped develop my time management skills and helped me practise having to keep in touch with a group of people I was not able to see frequently over several weeks to create a successful presentation .

It was a friendly atmosphere as some people I worked with were only a couple of years older than me but there was a lot of hard work as well.

It was quite well organised as I always had a client to work on.

I feel that PwC invested a lot as the first week was dedicated to basic accounting as a lot of us had not done accounting at university. There were also classes on other aspects such as dealing with clients.

Very appealing as I really liked the atmosphere there.

Yes, I got to know all the interns in my office very well.

Being in Greater London, it is not as expensive.

N/A

There were activities set up by the other interns but as we were only there for seven weeks, it was not enough time to see all the opportunities.