Commercial Banking Summer Intern at HSBC

Manchester West Midlands
Banking - Commercial

HSBC is a Top Employer

9.1/10

• Deputized for Commercial Officers – independently handled customer queries, prepared customer correspondence and undertook audit work.
• Assisted relationship managers in customer meetings, preparing credit applications and competing Global Connections Applications.
• Created a new market sizing framework for Central Multicultural Banking Team, accurately measured market opportunities.
• Produced pitch books and successfully built partnerships with UKTI, RSM Tenon & Grant Thornton to boost business referrals.
• Obtained experience in Corporate Real Estate, Private Banking & Trade Centre through different attachments.

I really enjoy it. Made friend with a lot of colleagues and got given a lot of early responsibility.

They treat me equally like a colleague, not like an intern.

I got various mentors throughout the organisations.

Mainly making telephone calls, replying emails, going out with directors for meeting. Very busy everyday but on a good day I leave before 8pm for dinner/drinks with colleagues.

I handled a few pending cases of real clients for someone who took maternity leave - a lot of responsibility and stress to handle given I'm an intern.

It definitely made me a more well-rounded person.

Very cool, chill but can get intense toward the end of summer.

I have known HR for a few years so had no problem communicating with them.

They sponsor a training camp and a few residential occasions for me to meet other interns, Guess it will cost them quite a lot given the luxury hotels and travel arrangements.

Definitely return to HSBC this year.

They are all very talented. I frequently get to meet other interns from the residential occasions that the bank organised for everyone on the scheme.

It's Manchester, I know it gets very expensive in London.

Manchester has the best nightlife and food at an amazingly cheap cost.

I usually go out after work with colleagues and seniors - Definitely something I would recommend.