Logistics Excellence Analyst at Unilever

Logistics and Operations

Unilever is a Top Employer

7.9/10

5.2

My job required me to analyse current problems within the Unilever Supply Chain, specifically the refusal of excess goods (code R31) by our customers. Networking with people from all areas of the business was crucial to really understanding the what was current practice, how this could be improved and how any unnecessary problems could be removed from the deliver process. Analysis of figures using excel and the SAP system was also a key component of my project. I then came up with solutions to some of these problems and worked on introducing them successfully into the Unilever so that they became standard practice.

Everyone went the extra mile to be friendly and welcoming and ensure I settled in. During my work everyone was more than happy to help me when I was researching my project and they all seemed to understand that my project had potential to improve the business i.e. I was taken as seriously as someone doing the job full time.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

As mentioned above, everyone went out of their way to make me feel welcome and to help me settle in. This attitiude continued throughout my entire placement.

Brilliant! To begin with I was given lots of help but as my placement progressed I was encouraged to make my own decisions and to stick with them rather than asking for a second opinion which is sometimes easier when you're doing something completely knew.

To begin with there were a lot of problems with setting up my phone my internet and my remote access and this wasted a lot of time. I nearly always had something to do and although at times I was extremly busy it made me more efficient and made the day more productive.

The attitude towards my placement was brilliant!! I was taken serioiusly by everyone I worked with, I was given the freedom to make informed decisions and challanged to give the reasons for my decisions. I was given all the support I needed to ensure I put my plans into action and completed them for the end of my project. I was made to feel like a valuable member of the team!

I've not only learnt how supply chain works within Unilever I've also learnt a million other skills that I can use in the rest of my life. As a result of my placement my confidence has grown as has my ability to take on and deal with challanges more effectively. Most of all I feel I learnt a lot from the people I was working with they all wanted to produce results and they wanted to give everything 100% but they did it without compromising on their confident and friendly attitude to the people working around them.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 14 roles at Unilever

Before starting the placement comunication as to what I would be doing once I was there was very limited. However once I got there everything was much more organized.

They gave me modules to learn which taught me the basics of a business.
I was taken to Ireland to talk with our business colleagues over there, this was a great experience which I learnt a lot from.

I'm hoping to get a job with them!!!

Everyone was friendly at work and there were a lot of group lunches and activities within work but none/very little outside.

ok, not much around and about the workplace by way of places to socialise

If you knew the right places to go there were some brilliant little jems!

Not really much outside the work place that was organised through work, which was a bit disappointing.