Tax Intern at PwC

PwC is a Top Employer

6.7/10

2.5

I completed my internship in Tax. On a day to day basis my role involved quite a lot of admin ie research, compiling information into spreadsheets, changing slides etc. I did get taken out to a few client meetings, and shadowed a partner for a day.

Whilst it was good, at the end of the day it is work.

My colleagues made a huge effort to get to know me, and explain various things they wanted me to do. It did vary between teams though.

I had a 'career coach' who helped me set objectives for my internship. I had various managers and above I could go to for help.

You need to be very proactive to get work. Once known to people if you do stuff well you can get quite a bit, occasionally balancing a lot of different tasks.

Not really applicable as an intern, as I lack the technical skills to be given work for which I would have responsibility. All of my work was reviewed by someone more senior.

Time management was useful. Overall I'm sure I learnt some transferable skills but wasn't really the point of the internship.

Varies from team to team. Some teams very quiet and dull, some chatty and friendly.

A well run induction week, and I had a rotation sorted for when I started between different business units who all knew when I was arriving and organised work for me.

I had extensive training during an induction week.

I have been made a job offer.

Not alot going on.

Central London very expensive.

Had to get train home so didn't really use. Central London is good for nightlife though.

Limited.