To assist the full time analysts with their work, producing high quality pitches and slides.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyable internship where you are made to feel as part of the team from day 1
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
A really friendly team was welcoming from the start. They always took the time to explain the rationale behind each project as well as anything that you didn't understand whilst working
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
You are assigned a buddy who is a full time analyst/associate who sets your work and guides you through the internship. They are always ready to help and resolve issues and also give you more responsibility as the internship progresses
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Investment banking is busy so the 100 hour weeks were to be expected
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Starting off with limited responsibility but that progresses sharply as you find your feet and begin to understand the processes involved
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The learning curve is extensive, but you come out of the internship knowing so much more than when you went it. Really useful for any future career aspirations in financial services
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A friendly and relaxed team that were always joking. Really made the office a fun place to eb
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
HR was good at getting us to the right places at the right time. The training could have been more tailored to the specific sectors though
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Employees took the time to ensure you understood the rationale behind the task rather than just explaining enough so that you could complete the task
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It is a friendly and pleasant place to work
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Fairly good social scene, but the free time was fairly limited
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in London is expensive but the pay is there to compensate for that
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Really thriving place to socialise, plenty of choice and lots of people
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Limited due to lack of time. The interns organised 5 a side occasionally and ad hoc cinema trips also occured