Dockside Testing at BAE Systems

Aerospace/Aviation

BAE Systems is a Top Employer

7.5/10

7.6

Produce detailed plans and presentations for boat movement through the dock system, attend a variety of meetings and put together o system to sign off work change orders.

I have thouroughly enjoyed myself on this placement. I have been challenged and learnt a huge amount of skills to put towards future career development.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAE Systems

One of the main reasons for my enjoyment on this placement has been the poeple working around me. It took me a while to become professionally accepted but i soon settled in.

Everyone is more than happy to answer any questions and provide guidance.

There have been odd quiet days but that is inevitable. I have been extremely busy but it's been very enjoyable, but i dont think you can be "too busy".

I have been given a fair bit of responsibility. The nature of the industry doesn't allow me to have full resposibility due to the highly skilled and technical nature of some of the proccesses.

I have developed my technical skills and knowledge of industry incredibly over the placement, i feel ready to re apply and confident in moving in to my future career.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BAE Systems

Very friendly around my seating area although some parts of the office quieter than others.

It has been organised very well, the only downside has been the amount of paperwork but that is to be expected with the security clearance need for such a company.

I have been on a number of courses which have not only taught me a great deal and made my life easier, they also make me more employable for re application in the future.

I hope i will be able to get in the same parts of the company next year and have been assured of references from all of the people i have worked with.

I have beenmade aware of a variety of social events and had a few good nights with members of the team.

It is a relatively cheap area to live but due to arranged social events there has not been too much cost in that area.

Having lived in the area all my life i find the area great for socialising. Having said that i think somebody coming here from a large city may disagree.

I have been wrapped up in the job for the duration of the placement and as yet no outside opportunties have arose.