Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at BAE Systems
- 7. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems
Working on databases to do data integration for naval ships. Completing and analysing maintenance updates.
Improved on my presentation skills through doing monthly development presentations and other opportunities, communication and teamwork skills, and time management. Also problem solving by considering reliability centred maintenance.
A fair amount for the amount of knowledge and experience I had in the role. I was responsible the basics like completing my work to the best of my ability, doing things on time etc. but I also has supervisors and team members to check my work and help me throughout.
Support & Guidance
A lot. Any questions I had or things I wanted to learn, I could go to almost anyone within my immediate team and they would help or point me to someone who could. Also had regular catch up meetings to check how I was finding things.
Very friendly and supportive
I enjoyed it overall. There were ups and downs but I appreciate that I've learnt and developed a lot during the time
Do as much research as possible into the day in, day out of your role so you have a better idea of what to expect. Be willing to communicate, learn and share when you don't know something.
Placement (10 Months+)