Retail banking and Wealth management Intern at HSBC

Bromley, Kent Greater London
Banking - Retail

HSBC is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Floor walker in the branch
Collecting data for a project set by the regional office
Finding out information about customer service, and seeing what can be done in the branch to improve this
Shadowing different people to see what their roles entail

From my first week, I was made to feel comfortable and people assisted me when I needed it. I was also trusted to get on with things, as soon as they showed me what to do.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

Everybody is extremely friendly in the branch, they really wanted to get to know me and what i'm about. They made an effort to make me feel part of the team.

My manager was very approachable, and other managers in the branch understood what im here to do, and supported me when ,y direct line manager was away.

Most days were quite busy. When the branch was short staffed I was a floor walker whiched helped me learn how the branch works very quickly, and also made me comfortable in dealing with customer queries, no matter how difficult they were.

I was left on the floor to handle queries, but I didnt have access to the system so couldnt book appointments, or do other small jobs which could have saved other people time. On my first day I was cashiering which was very cool

I think this has helped me with my people/customer relations, also presentation skills (both preparing and presenting)and theleadership skills ive gained and observed here will help me for life.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

The branch was usually busy, and when i was in the back office, everyone always had a good sense of humour and kept me laughing whilst doing my work.

I think interns have to take control and make sure their internship stays organised. ie by keep having one to ones, or by asking to shadow certain people. the structure in the intern quide was very useful.

The intern induction and experience days were very useful

I would LOVE to get a job with HSBC. Ive had the best experience, and i think it can only get better.

Yes, other interns are great, Have made some really good friends and will definately be seeing them again.

Didnt live vin the area, so not to sure

not too sure,

People are always sending emails round about and event thats happening. The bank also covers travel expenses sometimes (ie for charity events) which is really good.