Summer Intern at HSBC

Newcastle Upon Tyne North East
Accountancy Banking - Commercial Banking - Investment Banking - Retail Banking/Finance Business Analytics Business Intelligence Business Management

HSBC is a Top Employer

7.1/10

7.4

Shadowing a Senior Commercial Manager in various tasks such as making appointments and approaching various prospect switcher businesses.

The work was mostly interesting since I was learning new things as I went along.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

I felt like the tasks that I did and the documents that I produced were used and considered to be very useful.

The support was great; everyone explained information in a way that I was able to understand.

I always had lots of work to do, finding that there was sometimes not enough time in the day to do it.

I was able to use my own ingenuity and make my own decisions.

I found the skills that I learnt to be invaluable for the future and a possible career in the banking sector.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

Everybody was so friendly, it was great!

On the first day, the office didn't know that I was due to arrive but from there it got better.

The firm allowed us to complete many mandatory training modules whilst at the job. We also received various training days in external locations.

There are fantastic graduate prospects since the company is so large and global.

The whole groups is a fantastic bunch and we all get on extremely well.

Some things are expensive such as food but other areas are far cheaper i.e. alcohol is fairly cheap.

There are several large towns/cities where the nights out are brilliant.

I attended various golf days etc meeting new and potential clients.