Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at RPC
- 7. Would you recommend RPC to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to RPC
As a legal intern at RPC, my role was dynamic and multifaceted, with day-to-day responsibilities that evolved based on the team and seat I was in during the rotational program. Throughout my internship, I had the privilege of gaining experience in three key teams: PFR (Professional & Financial Risks), CBL (Commercial & Banking Litigation), and Corporate. In the PFR team, my responsibilities included contributing to risk assessments, conducting legal research, and assisting in the evaluation of professional and financial risks. This often involved analyzing complex cases and providing valuable insights to support decision-making processes. When I transitioned to the CBL team, my day-to-day tasks centered on drafting contracts, conducting legal research for commercial matters, and offering litigation support. This required attention to detail and a deep understanding of contractual obligations. In the Corporate team, I had the opportunity to work on intricate corporate transactions, assisting in due diligence, document review, and transaction support. This role demanded a keen understanding of corporate law and meticulous attention to documentation. Day-to-day, I was exposed to diverse legal challenges and engaged in client interactions, allowing me to refine my communication skills and witness firsthand the importance of client-focused legal services. The internship provided me with significant responsibilities, fostered adaptability, and enhanced my ability to work effectively in a team. Overall, my role as a legal intern at RPC was characterised by a blend of transactional and contentious work, offering a well-rounded experience that deepened my legal knowledge and prepared me for the complexities of the legal profession.
Throughout my internship at RPC, I've undergone significant skill development. I've fine-tuned my legal research abilities, becoming adept at uncovering essential case law and statutes. Drafting concise and precise legal documents has become a strength, and I've mastered the art of summarizing complex cases. Furthermore, my communication skills have greatly improved, thanks to client interactions and working closely with the legal team. This experience has not only expanded my legal knowledge but also equipped me with practical skills essential for a successful career.
Yes, during my internship at RPC, I was given substantial responsibility. I felt that I wasn't treated as merely an intern but was trusted with challenging tasks right from the start. This deep dive into real-world legal work was incredibly beneficial for my professional development. Whenever I proactively asked for work, I consistently received meaningful assignments, which contributed significantly to my learning experience.
Support & Guidance
I received an abundance of support and guidance during my internship at RPC. My supervisors and buddies were always available to check on my progress and provide assistance. I found everyone I met to be approachable and willing to help. Additionally, the early talent team and my fellow interns offered tremendous support, contributing to a highly enriching experience!
The company culture and general atmosphere at RPC were excellent. It fostered a collaborative and inclusive environment where everyone's input was valued. The workplace had a professional yet friendly vibe, making it a welcoming place to learn and grow. The emphasis on teamwork and knowledge sharing created a positive atmosphere that greatly contributed to my overall internship experience.
I found my legal internship at RPC to be an incredibly enjoyable and rewarding experience. It provided me with the opportunity to apply my legal knowledge in real-world scenarios and exposed me to a diverse range of legal tasks and challenges. The supportive and collaborative atmosphere within the firm made the internship even more enjoyable, as I felt valued and motivated to learn and contribute. Overall, it was a highly fulfilling and enjoyable experience that solidified my passion for pursuing a legal career!
My t biggest tip for those applying to RPC is to invest time in thorough research. Get to know the firm inside out, its culture, values, and the work it specialises in. Don't hesitate to reach out to current or former employees to gain insights and establish connections. Networking and understanding the firm can not only help you tailor your application but also demonstrate your genuine interest and enthusiasm for joining RPC.
Internship (1 Month+)