Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Rothschild & Co
- 7. Would you recommend Rothschild & Co to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Rothschild & Co
As an intern I have been a part of live projects and deals the team have been working on. My tasks have included creating presentations and slides in the company formatting to be delivered to the client. Additionally, I use excel to benchmark figures from company statements which are then used to create charts and other infographics in the presentations.
I have learnt how to be more efficient and developed a deeper understanding of Excel and PowerPoint commands. Furthermore, I have improved my teamwork and communication skills whilst working with my team. I have to work closely with them and keep up communications about my progress on work. Additionally, I developed my public speaking and presentation skills through delivering the extended company profile I was tasked with.
Yes, I was staffed on live projects and was creating materials that were delivered to clients. I was also given the opportunity to listen in on client calls and get a deeper understanding of the role.
Support & Guidance
1 week of training was provided to prepare us for the role. Most of the learning is done on the job and my team provided loads of support when I had questions or was struggling to understand something. I was also assigned a mentor who I contacted throughout to let them know how I am doing and my overall progress.
Everyone was very welcoming and made the time to talk to you. The culture is really good as everyone is friendly and really cares about you and your personal career development.
I thoroughly enjoyed my placement. I learnt a lot in such a short space of time. It gave me a good insight into the role, the firm and the industry as a whole.
Understand the culture at the firm and its history. They really pride themselves on being a family-owned bank and their culture reflects this. Also, study the role requirements in detail and be ready to explain why you would be a good fit for the role.
Internship (1 Month+)