Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Centrica
- 7. Would you recommend Centrica to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Centrica
One of my daily responsibilities was serving as a commercial intern for Hives subscription programme Hive Heating Plus. I provided updates to stakeholders and conducted weekly digital reporting on Hives KPIs. In order to increase the applications effectiveness, I additionally conducted research, designed, and put into practise strategies to encourage acquisition, engagement, and retention. Marketing activities like the Hive summer sale, the Winter heating and cooling campaign, and the conclusion of competitive analyses have received further assistance.
gained expertise with Excel, Miro, Figma, Adobe Analytics, and other digital tools while developing a number of new digital abilities. The capacity I have to deliver effectively to important stakeholders has really improved as a result of my understanding how to do it quickly and succinctly. However, the ability that I truly grew was confidence. My line manager was extremely encouraging and gave me the freedom to contribute and even present to the rest of the team.
I was given a lot of genuine responsibilities that added value. My tasks and ideas were considered carefully, and my suggestions were included in their roadmap for the upcoming quarter. Even though I was only on the internship for a short while, I felt like a valuable member of my team.I think I was given a lot of responsibility over the year, which at times might be very stressful. But I discovered that my team, task manager, and foundation manager were very supportive and eager to assist whenever necessary, even if it was simply to double-check anything.
Support & Guidance
Within this internship, there were numerous resources for support. I had the impression that I could contact several persons with any questions or concerns. We had buddies with whom we would meet up once a week for catch-ups, graduate talent managers who walked us through the process, and the excellent early careers team, who managed the programme flawlessly and were always available to talk to about any problems.I got a lot of help and direction throughout my placement. I discovered that my staff and managers were always willing to assist.
The workplace has a really welcoming and cheerful culture. My career became considerably easier to manage because to flexible and remote working, which also raised the bar for work-life balance. Additionally, the business has a vibrant internal community where everyone feels at home thanks to employee networks, volunteer opportunities, and a positive mindset.You could join a wide variety of communities for early professionals, which made networking with other early professionals much simpler. Additionally, I discovered that everyone was eager to assist you, which was extremely great.
I had a terrific time at my internship. I definitely felt more confident over the nine weeks, and I acquired a tonne of skills particular to the sector that I will use in my future work. I thoroughly enjoyed participating in all the CSR and social efforts, and I felt like I truly assimilated into the community. Really, I lack any problems. I truly enjoyed my internship, in part because I worked with a team that was largely composed of early-career professionals, which was wonderful from a social perspective.
Concentrate on the culture and values of the business. Demonstrate how youll be able to contribute to the companys sense of community and offer actual value to the operation. I would also add that having a passion for NetZero and sustainability really helps, so doing study and keeping up with business trends is also crucial. Avoid appearing bashful; instead, make sure to pitch yourself as best you can. Do some research to get ready for your interview.
Internship (1 Month+)