Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at BAE Systems
- 7. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems
I work mainly as a management accountant that keeps track of internal departments and helps the team with finance related queries. On a day-to-day basis this can involve looking at the financial data of any department and also extracting that data and putting it on an excel file to make it presentable and easy to interpret.
Yes. My excel skills have improved drastically. In addition to that I have learned how to work with software such as TM1 and INFORLN. My soft skills have also improved drastically such as team working, leadership, networking, presentation skills etc.
Yes I was. I was handed a lot of departments to look after. I was also given the task to prepare and present significant presentations to the finance leadership team.
Support & Guidance
Support and guidance was there from everyone. Especially the inner team that I was working with. There was always someone willing to help with whatever the problem may be.
Very welcoming and great. However, at times when attempting to introduce change; you might be faced with challenges.
I am extremely happy with my placement year and I could not be happier. It has enabled me to grow a lot and also allowed me to gain a better understanding of what working in the industry as an accountant looks like.
Apply fast and as soon as you can. If you get the offer make sure you accept because it is such a good and welcoming company to work for.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
East of England