Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at BAE Systems
- 7. Would you recommend BAE Systems to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to BAE Systems
Working within a team, managing my own projects and workload. Duties can range from testing materials, to designing mechanical and electronical parts and manufacturing them. The role involves a lot of communication.
I have learnt many practical skills that i would have never learned in University, such as aluminium manufacturing, pracitcal design decision making, using drills, teamwork. I have improved my CAD skills a lot, as well as general engineering.
I was given a lot of responsibiltiy from day one, with requried support of course. I was always held accountable for my actions and work.
Support & Guidance
I ahd a supervisor who answered all my questions, i also received CAD training and 3D printing training.
I would say that you have to chase things, and as a lot of questions, because no one will tell you what to do here. Which develops a sense of ownership which lacked in my other work experiences.
I have quite enjoyed my placement, i have learned a lot and made meaningful connections. I have not enjoyed the location of the work, i also found it hard to travel to work. It was good that the working arrangements were hybrid and everyone was helpful.
I have noticed technical skills and merit really stand out in this company.
Placement Year (10 Months+)