Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Barclays
- 7. Would you recommend Barclays to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Barclays
I co-ordinated Return to Office for the Barclays Platforms Team, working closely with the rest of the Business Management team. I gathered information from Real Estate and Group Technology, surveyed Return to Office requirements/preferences for employees and prepared presentations for Senior Leadership weekly.
My organisational and presentation skills have improved significantly. I have become a confident networker and learnt how to present myself in meetings with senior staff.
I was very lucky that my line manager and head of department were very trusting in me. I was given the opportunity to present to senior management regularly and I always felt my role was meaningful and made a difference.
Support & Guidance
I had daily meetings with my line manager, who was hugely supportive. I always felt I could reach out to anyone in the Business Management team for support and guidance.
Positive - everyone was very enthusiastic to meet new interns and genuinely wanted you to learn and succeed.
I really enjoyed it - I met fantastic people and had the opportunity to do much meaningful work.
Listen to feedback - everyone there has more experience than you and wants you to succeed so don't let your ego stunt your progress.
Internship (1-4 Months)
Banking - Retail, Business Management