Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at HSBC
- 7. Would you recommend HSBC to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to HSBC
Worked in teams of five to develop code and implement technology to meet the goals of various tasks set to us.
I have greatly developed my computer science knowledge, including Python, Java, Google Cloud Platform and Linux. I have also been able to nurture project management and communication skills with my team members.
Yes. The features we were set to develop had various deadlines and requirements to meet and ended up live in production. If there were any mistakes, the downstream effects would be echoed through the bank.
Support & Guidance
Guidance and support was constantly provided by our managers. We had daily meetings to update them on our progress and any blocks we might be having on the tasks. Furthermore, they were always easy to reach out to and very quick to reply with lots of meaningful resources.
Really friendly and supportive. Every member of staff was keen to talk to us and be involved in our work. They were quick to lend a helping hand and very enthusiastic about the work we completed.
I thoroughly enjoyed the internship. The other interns were all friendly and had great personalities. Every member of staff was engaged and extremely supportive. Talking to everyone, and eventually meeting most in the office, was great fun. I also developed a large number of technical and interpersonal skills from the tasks I completed. The work was meaningful and achievable with some effort and collaboration thus making it satisfying.
Be your true authentic self. The application process is clearly tailored towards finding the right personality and attitude rather than the best technical ability.
Internship (1-4 Months)