Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at GSK
- 7. Would you recommend GSK to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to GSK
Analytical testing of pharmaceuticals for patients with asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. I use a variety of analytical techniques including HPLC in order to determine that GSK medicines are safe and effective.
Yes! HPLC is a big part of what we do in my lab and before I joined I knew very little about it - now I am very familiar with the technique. I have also developed my soft skills, especially teamwork, time management and professional conduct in the workplace.
Quite a lot - as part of my placement I was required to perform a research project. I was able to work with my manager to shape this project into something of my own while aligning it to the company's interests. While there were only a few options for projects available, I was given lots of other opportunities for growth including volunteering, external communication and additional responsibilities. (I am the labs environmental sustainability champion)
Support & Guidance
A fair amount - the people around me were always available to ask questions to or provide assistance in routine tasks. I found it a really supportive work environment and I never felt like I was drowning or out of my depth.
Very interesting for someone who had no experience of the industry. GSK has a real culture of continuous improvement and trust - things that are reiterated throughout your placement. It was a very busy work environment but I definitely enjoyed how the workplace felt.
I really enjoyed my placement. It's given me lots of opportunities to grow professionally and also given me the chance to meet a bunch of new people from all over the country - people that I hope I will keep in contact with into the future.
Be ready for a busy work environment, one that will definitely push you - but don't be discouraged, everyone is really supportive and it really pushes you to achieve your best.
Placement Year (10 Months+)