- Rotational aspect means that you are able to experience so many different areas in the business. - Massive emphasis on my training and development.
- All colleagues were very supportive of me being a placement student. - My ideas were valued the same as other ideas that came from my colleagues.
- High levels of support and help from managers. - Very open to answering all questions. - Managers were open to changing my training plan in accordance to areas that I wanted to experience.
- All departments were busy and very fast - paced.
- I was given quite a lot of responsibility, from running shifts to helping run departments. - I was given projects to run as well - these projects were my responsibility.
- Training days were given for specific competencies that I wanted to work on. - Confidence massively increased due to the amount of responsibility I was given. - Lidl's 'High 5' for leadership competencies were continuously worked on.
- Everyone is very friendly and willing to help others in their office.
- I was given my training plan at the start of the year which told me which department I would be in and from what dates. - My training plan was only changed due to me wanting to experience different departments.
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
- I met up with colleagues quite often out of work.
- London is not very cheap for living or socialising, but Lidl offer a 10% London weighting, which is added to your salary every month.
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Human Resources, Logistics and Operations, Recruitment, Retail, Sales
29th August 2020