Vacation Scheme Intern at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner

4.3/5

4.4
3.8
4.8

I highly enjoyed my internship at Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner. The programme was well designed, with numerous learning sessions and coffee chats (virtual).

I highly felt valued by my colleagues. My supervisor would come to me from time to time to see if I was doing okay. Everyone was super nice and approachable. It was a friendly and warm environment to work in.

I was assigned to a trainee buddy and fee-earner buddy who were both very supportive all the way.

I was fairly occupied with tasks assigned to me and I worked several days overtime to complete them. The workload in general is quite reasonable and manageable.

I was given real responsibility for tasks such as legal research and writing. I presented some findings on recent legal updates in front of my HK and Singapore colleagues with the use of PowerPoint and newsletter. I also attended a client's meeting with my supervisor.

My training hugely consolidated my knowledge and skills learned in school as I was able to apply them in a real work context. It enhances my legal know-how and allows me to establish a practical mindset to solve real clients' problems.

friendly and warm

very well

networking through virtual coffee chats with colleagues in different offices, eg. HK, London and Singapore

am not offered with any training contract

yes everyone was very nice

Quarry Bay has a diverse selection of expensive and affordable food.

A number of bars are nearby but unfortunately closed during COVID

there were a number of socializing activities organized, e.g. drinking at Sugars, team lunch, etc. but were unfortunately canceled for COVID and work from home arrangement