Industrial Placement at GSK

GSK is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.6

5.5

Research Scientist. Tasked with validating a molecular target that had proven genetic association to disease. I performed functional and biochemical assays to characterise the pharmacological properties.

Fantastic experience. You are very well looked here at GSK. I gained an insight into business operations, received many personal development opportunities and spent time with specialists in the field. The access to resources and seminars is brilliant. The best part has to be the lab work and techniques that you are able to perform.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 17 roles at GSK

Very friendly and great culture at GSK. They provide a great experience for students and make you feel that you are contributing to something important. People here were willing to give you their time and advice.

The management and supervision was definitely brilliant. Especially in the first month or two, the role of your supervisor is essential. You are almost taught from scratch and guided throughout the year. My manager was great in identifying different projects for me and provided regular feedback.

Pretty busy. Especially after a few months in. Some days you have to work extra hours but that's the nature of the job.

I was given a good amount of responsibility. I was able to perform experiments on my own accord and suggest ideas to my supervisor.

I definitely believe there are lot of transferable skills that I have gained. The lab techniques and development of scientific knowledge will help me greatly in my final year.
I think the skills I have gained will also help me if I pursue a career in a different role.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 17 roles at GSK

It was good. Everyone got on well. Socials were organised in order for people to get to know each other.

I feel it could have been better organised with regards to safety issues but generally good.

I feel a lot of time and money was invested into me. I was able to learn several lab techniques and use expensive equipment. Internal and external development opportunities were also provided.

There are definitely some great roles available with a lot of perks. However, I feel I want to pursue something different.

Yes. Events were organised often and people actively tried to get to know you.

Not overly cheap and not a lot to do in the town itself.

Yes there were some charity and sports activities.