Entrepreneurial Programmes Intern at Cancer Research UK

7.9/10

9.7
7.6

5.5

I really enjoyed my six month internship at Cancer Research. It was my first job, since graduating from university. I believe it is an excellent organisation to start and build a really strong career and an organisation that I am really proud to have worked for.

I felt really valued my colleagues. From receiving the job offer to starting the role, everyone was really welcoming and friendly. Coming from a management background, It was great to be working with people from different disciplines whom had various perspectives that I was able to learn from.

The support that I received during my internship was faultless. I felt as though my manager gave me the perfect amount of guidance, whilst allowing me enough independence to get on with my own tasks.

I was eased into the job at first. However, after a few weeks the number and variety of tasks really picked up.

I was given a lot of responsibility throughout my time. I worked on a number of small tasks, alongside a large evaluation project. I also put myself forward for additional tasks, such as been part of the marketing working group.

I was able to further enhance my research/analytical skills, interpersonal and problem-solving skills whilst at Cancer Research UK. I was able to put into practice the skills that I had developed whilst at university and had learnt from previous work experiences. My internship/placement at Cancer Research UK was post university, however the skills that I have learnt will stand me in good stead in a future career.

The office environment was really relaxed and informal, especially compared to previous corporations that I had worked in. The office was really spacious, and the seating was set-up in a way that you could sit with different people each day.

I felt as though the internship was organised really well. I constantly had tasks to be getting on with and the main project that I worked on had clear objectives and outcomes.

I would not say that I received any particular formal training from Cancer Research UK. However, I was provided with a lot of support and guidance for the projects that I worked on. I felt as though, not having the formalised training, pushed me to grow and become more confident in my ability to complete challenging tasks.

My internship was interrupted by unanticipated external circumstances (Covid-19). I would of loved to have secured a permanent role at Cancer Research following successful completion of my intern. However, Covid-19 impacted my ability to do so.

There was a great social scene whilst I was in the office at Cancer Research UK. Despite this being cut short, the time that I spent with the other interns was extremely fulfilling. Everyone was really relatable, intelligent and supportive to one another.

The cost of living was expensive for myself as I chose to move into expensive living quarters.

I don't know