The event included an introduction to Herbert Smith Freehills’ dispute resolution practice, along with interactive workshops covering the types of disputes they've been involved in, from commercial litigation to international arbitration.
1. To what extent did you enjoy the insight?
It was incredibly insightful into its disputes practice, beginning with a brief overview of two of their top cases, a discussion of their advocacy practice, as well as a chance to meet trainees and see the firm!
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
The firm was very welcoming right from the very start and throughout the day!
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
They were always more than happy to answer my questions!
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I received very in-depth knowledge about the disputes practice industry and how that plays in practice - something I wouldn't have learned in class.
5. How well structured was the insight?
Very well. We had a schedule throughout the whole day that was adhered to.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
Everyone was so welcoming and friendly!
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
I was reimbursed for my travel expenses.
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
Yes - we had a networking lunch.
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?