Helping out with factors contributing to the development and creation of a new app.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my internship a lot. I was able to make new friends and I learnt what it is like to work in a professional environment. This put my skills to the test and I really improved my time management and organisational skills. I completed a lot of projects and it was a fun experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues. The reason behind this is because I was offered help whenever I needed it and they provided me with detailed and beneficial advice which required them to take some time out of their own work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager provided me with a lot of support. Her orders and tasks were very clear and I rarely had to ask the same question twice. Whenever I completed my work I was given critical feedback and advice on how to do things better next time around.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was busy every day for 4 of the 6 weeks I spent at BP. The last 2 weeks were fairly laid back which gave me the opportunity to participate in different activities to allow the days to pass by.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility for my placement. I was trusted to carry out numerous tasks on my own which had to completed in fairly tight deadlines. I felt no pressure with the responsibility and it improved my independency.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skils I have developed will really help me with my future. This is because I know what it is like to be doing a lot of different tasks that need to be completed in tight deadlines. this is what would be expected if I was to go to university or to be doing an apprenticeship.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a positive atmosphere in my office. everyone was friendly and I never felt upset or miserable walking into my office every day of my internship.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My internship was fairly organised. I was given a good amount of tasks to complete within a set period of time but only one task became unclear right towards the end. it was not a serious task which is why it did not affect my experience badly at all.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was a good amount of time invested in training me. I was given clear and concise demonstrations and advice into how to tackle a problem or task which I felt as though was done for a good length of time. overall I feel as though this factor was a success.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The future prospects are very appealing. the reason behind this is because there are a lot of different types of jobs available that I did not know even existed. this broadened my knowledge of what the company has to offer before I worked there which is why I may consider trying to work there when I am older.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
there was a very positive social scene ith every colleague and student. everyone as open to conversation and I did not have any issues with, anyone. I enjoyed making new friends and it was one of the reasons why I enjoyed going to work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I was given £5 free credit to buy food. cost of everything was not a lot at all.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I was able to participate in many activities such as playing rounders, football and going on tours in science labs and drilling themed buildings. I attended talks and speed interviews sessions. I also had the chance to go to a BBQ.