Project Management at BP

Sunbury South West
Administration/Secretarial Business Intelligence Design

7.9/10

7.7

Helping out with factors contributing to the development and creation of a new app.

I enjoyed my internship a lot. I was able to make new friends and I learnt what it is like to work in a professional environment. This put my skills to the test and I really improved my time management and organisational skills. I completed a lot of projects and it was a fun experience.

I felt very valued by my colleagues. The reason behind this is because I was offered help whenever I needed it and they provided me with detailed and beneficial advice which required them to take some time out of their own work.

My line manager provided me with a lot of support. Her orders and tasks were very clear and I rarely had to ask the same question twice. Whenever I completed my work I was given critical feedback and advice on how to do things better next time around.

I was busy every day for 4 of the 6 weeks I spent at BP. The last 2 weeks were fairly laid back which gave me the opportunity to participate in different activities to allow the days to pass by.

I was given a lot of responsibility for my placement. I was trusted to carry out numerous tasks on my own which had to completed in fairly tight deadlines. I felt no pressure with the responsibility and it improved my independency.

The skils I have developed will really help me with my future. This is because I know what it is like to be doing a lot of different tasks that need to be completed in tight deadlines. this is what would be expected if I was to go to university or to be doing an apprenticeship.

There was a positive atmosphere in my office. everyone was friendly and I never felt upset or miserable walking into my office every day of my internship.

My internship was fairly organised. I was given a good amount of tasks to complete within a set period of time but only one task became unclear right towards the end. it was not a serious task which is why it did not affect my experience badly at all.

There was a good amount of time invested in training me. I was given clear and concise demonstrations and advice into how to tackle a problem or task which I felt as though was done for a good length of time. overall I feel as though this factor was a success.

The future prospects are very appealing. the reason behind this is because there are a lot of different types of jobs available that I did not know even existed. this broadened my knowledge of what the company has to offer before I worked there which is why I may consider trying to work there when I am older.

there was a very positive social scene ith every colleague and student. everyone as open to conversation and I did not have any issues with, anyone. I enjoyed making new friends and it was one of the reasons why I enjoyed going to work.

I was given £5 free credit to buy food. cost of everything was not a lot at all.

N/A

I was able to participate in many activities such as playing rounders, football and going on tours in science labs and drilling themed buildings. I attended talks and speed interviews sessions. I also had the chance to go to a BBQ.