I was a member of the audit teams and so was tasked with checking drafts against each other of documents and gathering information from the client.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This was a very informative internship and gave me a great look at the industry. PwC is a great company to work for and they were welcoming and helpful and I settled quickly into the role. The way the intership is run it allowed me to make good frienbds with the other interns.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt that on all the projects I was on that I was a very valued member of the team and was of grfeat help to them. The teams welcomed me in and helped me get on and actually contribute to their overall work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was lots of guidance available however I had one issue was that at the end of my internship my direct career coach was on holiday so I couldn't have a good final chat with him. Other than this the guidance throughout the whole process from application to completion was very useful.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This ranged a little bit at the start I had a few days with not as much to do but by the end when I was fully part of the team I had lots of work to do and was working with multiple people to support the work they were doing.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I felt the resopnsibility given to me was very good and matched the amount you can expect to be given by a comopany that can't have big mistakes in its work. The work I was given was directly part of the overall task and meant I felt a true team member.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I learnt will be very useful and even if I don't go into this industry the experience will be very useful. This was a true look at working and so I developed skills that will be used throughout my working career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was very good, the interns were welcomed by everyone and the atmosphere wasn't intimidating and that meant that I could work better. The office was fun and relaxed and a very good place to get on with work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The overall placement was very well organised, the only issue was to do with the start when getting placed into teams wasn't that well done as I didn't have a direct team for the first couple of days but once this was sorted it worked very well.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company gave everyone a 3 day induction residential where they taught everyone the basics of the job that they were going to be doing over the following 6 weeks. This induction allowed the interns to get to know each other and meant that the first day of work wasn't completly blind and so starting was easier.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
This is a great company to work for and for someone wanting to do audit there isn't a better company. However I will be looking elsewhere as this industry isn't directly linked with my degree and I am looking for something that is.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
This was one of the best bits of the way the internship is set up, with the residential it meant that you got to know the other interns in your office and that made it easier to make friends.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
This was fine as I stayed with family and the cost of food in Birmingham is not too expensive and when I had to travel to London the extra cost was covered by the company.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There were lots of people who went to university in the city we were in so they knew the nightlife and so this was another good part.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was a decent amount of opportunities but this was limited by the fact that the internship isn't that long so only a few socials could be held.