Women in Business Associate at PwC

Newcastle North East
Human Resources Internet/e-Commerce/New Media

PwC is a Top Employer

9.3/10

Women in Business Associate in the Human Capital department of Newcastle PWC. (doesn't apply to yearly salary as I was only there for a few days).

I really enjoyed my insight week! I did so much more than expected and felt really involved with what was going on. It was for their Women In Business programme and I was so sad to leave after only a few days- wished it had been longer!

Extremely. My opinions were always taken into account and I was even asked my opinion in small meetings. I had video meetings with staff from other offices and felt like although I was just new to the team, I was just as valued as the others their. It was really laid-back and a great environment.

There were always people in my team to whom I could ask questions. No one was ever too busy to help me or answer questions. I was able to meet with a lady from another team to discuss my future career their so received support from such a range of staff members.

I know that an experience with PWC will help me in so many ways. Now that I have completed the insight, I feel that my CV has been enriched. I can link what I did to my business studies and use the experience as a sort of case study for examples in written work. Mostly however I value the experience in a company with such a positive culture and values for their staff.

There was always plenty for me to do. I had my own google calendar set up so I knew when to go to meetings etc. It was structured so that I did a range of things and I liked that they gave me independent tasks too - it wasn't just observation.

Everyone was extremely friendly and happy to meet me! I felt like I had been working there for a long time after only a few days. The office was open so people from different departments interacted a lot. It was a lot more laid-back/ people based than I had imagined.

I don't really feel like I can answer this much as I was only there a few days. I believe that the company did all that they could and that they should for me! There was no formal training but I don't doubt that I learned so many things nevertheless.

I believe that it was a good reflection of how it would be to work there full time. I asked a lot of questions to staff about their careers at PWC, therefore understand how it works regarding training, progression, promotion etc

I understand now how PWC is such an outstanding company. Its culture is something I have never before experienced in a company. It is so relaxed and there is so much respect for all workers that it clearly pays off for them. Everyone who works there seems very happy and there wasn't a lot of stress as people worked together and got along so well.

I decided to apply for a role at PWC after my insight so it was so helpful! I knew from the start that I would really like to work there due to the company's culture. I received a lot of information about how to apply for future jobs there too.

I was generously for this but not sure whether it is appropriate to publish the amount

Yes. The offices were all open so I was free to go about and meet other people. The company used google hangouts a lot so I met some members of the firm from other offices. We had a business lunch one day too so we could come together outside of work and network.

Great! for only being there a few days, it was great that they took the time to take me to a business lunch. I also have been since networking via LinkedIn and have had contact with the company since my placement about future networking events.

Yes- when I started there was also a boy starting his year placement so I heard all about the clubs and things! It wasn't worth explaining them just to me as I was there for a really limited amount of time - but I'm sure that if I had asked I'd have been able to find out!

Definitely!! It's great to get an insight into the company and see exactly what it is that they do. I was so interested by their culture there and how welcome they made me feel. I would recommend to anyone, regardless of their degree- doesn't matter if you haven't studied business etc