1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I did not expect to have such a good human experience throughout the summer, the learning curve was steep and most of the work interesting. The only negative point was waiting to be given work very late at night and nothing happening in the end but it only happened once or twice.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Our work was always value and we were encouraged to send it out to the team in our name, our name would sometimes even appear on the presentations we made.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The entire team would give fantastic support and contextual explanations when working on a project.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The team was very busy during the summer and i had to work pretty long hours but I did not see hours fly.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
During the internship I was fortunate enough to be given important responsibilities including sending updates to some of my Managing Directors and participating in client meetings for over a week.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I improved my mastery of the office suite, presentation skills and valuation skills in a way that has already helped with the work I am doing for my society at university. The training was of very high quality.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Whilst being serious most people knew how to have fun. I have many great memories with my colleagues and fun never stopped at night.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was extremely well structured, starting with training and going on throughout the internship with several review sessions, company and team presentations and socials throughout the internship. You could see everything was carefully planned.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was weekly training on wednesday mornings throughout the firm, our team conducted training for us and for the grads at the end of the internship I saw many adverts for personal training and development for full time employees.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The salary is competitive, the responsibility and exposure you get as a junior is fantastic and very attractive. I expect very long hours but I am still looking forward to working there full time.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was a good atmosphere between interns. We regularly met for dinners, went out together on the weekends and collaborated to raise money for charity.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I already lived in the area, you should expect around £1,000 rent a month and £10 for cocktails.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in the city is not very exciting there is the NED and a couple of restaurants but we would be going to Mayfair, Sloane Square or south kensington to go out with the team.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
We had some two social drinks and a carting outing throughout the internship.