Tax Intern at PwC

Birmingham West Midlands

PwC is a Top Employer

8.5/10

Private Business and Private Client Tax Intern

I really enjoyed the internship, It allowed me to experience how PwC functioned and decide if I wanted to pursue a grad job with them. They were very accommodating and everyone was lovely which allowed me to fit in straight away. They are very people focused which I think is very important.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 16 roles at PwC

I got lots of great feedback from all of the people in the department which made me feel valued. I got a variety of work from a variety of people and I could really see my capabilities improving across the 6 weeks. By the end I really felt like the work I was doing was making a difference.

I was constantly given support if I needed. We had both a buddy and a careers coach that were responsible for our well being therefore I always had someone to turn to. However everyone in the office was more than happy to support me or answer any of my questions. Which I valued very highly.

I was always pretty busy, rarely did I not have any work which meant I learnt a lot very quickly. You kind of get thrown in the deep end - but in a good way. This meant that I really learned a lot in such a short space of time.

I was given a good amount of responsibility, understandably everything that I did was checked, but I would have been worried if it wasn't as all the work needed to be done to a really high standard. This allowed me to learn as my colleagues would always schedule catch ups to review my work and help my development so that I could improve.

I believe that this placement will allow me to have a more structured routine at uni. However more importantly I think the skills I have learnt in the corporate environment will be transferable in future jobs, including when I come back on the grad scheme as I will have had a taste and a preview of how PwC's systems work, etc

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 16 roles at PwC

The atmosphere was very much work hard but have fun. Everyone was very sociable and there was a great work life balance within the office with lots of socials. We had a big group of interns and then I made good friends with everyone on my team. During the day people would have a chat and we'd go get coffees together which encouraged us to socialise. However there was also a lot of focused quiet time during the day allowing us to get on with our work undisturbed.

The internship was very well organised, we had a very exciting and fun residential trip at the beginning allowing everyone to drink and network together which is where I made lots of really good friends which I have maintained throughout the internship. Throughout there were regular check ins and a well structured feedback and development system.

We were encouraged to go on as many external opportunities and again the residential trip which was 4 days away was all food and expenses paid for showing how PwC weren't afraid to invest in us. There also was numerous training opportunities and catch ups regarding progress were encouraged with all levels.

I have been offered a job with PwC and I am very inclined to accept the job offer as it has been a great place to work. It has a good work/life balance. However Salary will most probably be what allows me to decide if I want to work with them considering the expenses of living in a city centre!

Yes a very good we had a great residential and all the interns would meet for lunch daily and we would go out on fridays together too! I also had many opportunities to go for meals and drinks with my team which was great! There was a great social scene, especially if you took all opportunities.

I lived in my student accomodation, and was a small fee of £2.10 return to work, 25 min commute in total.

Its Brum! not bad scenes

There were activities such as football, although pareticipating wasnt really brought up since I was only there for 6 weeks