1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was phenomenal. I’ve had the opportunity to take part in a range of different projects, extracurricular activities and socials!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt significantly valued by my colleagues. We even had a farewell lunch which was great!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager and supervisors were absolutely brilliant. They were constantly helping me from day 1 and ensured that I had a smooth transition and was constantly learning.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was quite busy. Whether it was working on my individual project or simply attending a number of different networking and training events, I’d always have something to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was provided with a significant amount of responsibility during my internship. The projects we were working on had the opportunity to positively impact the company.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed both my qualitative and quantitative skills significantly during my time with Tesco, both of which are quite valuable for my degree.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere at work was absolutely great! Everyone would always come to work with a smile on their faces!
Additionally, it was really relaxed. This is definitely a great atmosphere for an amazing work-life balance.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organised. When we first arrived we were provided with a detailed breakdown about what we will be doing over the next 10 weeks.
Additionally, the projects we were working on were all really well thought of! They were both fascinating and challenging!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company invested a significant amount in order to ensure I am constantly developing. Specifically, we have received an in depth microsoft office training course! Additionally, we also had a few workshops in public speaking and presentation structure.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If i’m lucky enough to get an offer, I am coming straight back! The culture is amazing and the work is fascinating! What else could you want?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There existed a large amount of socialising between interns, graduates and managers. We would organise weekly dinners/drinks after work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living in Welwyn isn’t that expensive. Additionally, food at work tends to be quite cheap!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife in Welwyn is not the best. For the best night outs you would usually have to travel down to London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work. This included things like:
1. Dance beats
3. Socialising with friends
4. Shadowing roles in various Tesco offices in london