Online Intern at Tesco

Welwyn Garden City South East
Marketing Retail

7.2/10

7.4

My role was developing online initiatives, enhancing the customer experience and enticing them to shop at Tesco. My role was to look at the Grocery home shopping propositions to see whether they could be improved. Another role was looking at online media, and talking to the external marketing company for this.

I absolutely loved my internship at Tesco in the online department. It was very varied and allowed me to personally develop.

Everyone was extremely welcoming and supportive. They made me feel like part of the team.

My manager was extremely supportive. We had frequent catch ups and was always there to offer a helping hand.

I was very busy in my days with meetings and then independent work on my projects. However the busyness allowed me to get a sense of what it is really like to work at Tesco, which was extremely beneficial.

I was given a few responsibilities, such as helping to run a customer growth initiative (surprise and delight). However I was extremely supported throughout.

It has given me a different outlook on university, encouraging me to take up personal development opportunities at work.
It has also equipped me with better confidence, presentation and organisation skills which I can use in my degree.

It was brilliant. Everyone was extremely lovely and kind, making it a great work environment

Everything was very well organised with lots of events (ie networking dinners) which was great to socialise with the other interns.

There were lots of workshops for personal development on offer which were free to sign up to.

The environment at Tesco is brilliant. Everyone is extremely friendly, making the work environment a great place to be. Therefore I would love a job in the future.

Yes it was great. Everyone was very social. Lots of events were planned for us all the mix with each other and socialise (ie network dinner. Pay day drinks)

The accommodation was expensive, however everything else was reasonable.

Not much. However good pubs near work and very close to London.

There is a gym on site which holds regular classes.