Fermentation Scientist at GSK

Biology Pharmaceutical Science/Research

GSK is a Top Employer

7.4/10

6.0

Very enjoyable, the team I worked with were very supportive but also allowed me to take ownership over tasks given to me.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at GSK

I was treated as an equal member of the team

My manager gave me a lot of support not just with day to day work but also with PhD applications and in writing my dissertation.

Also had things to do or able to get involved in other projects during quiet times. Also was given the time I needed to work on my uni work.

Was given a good level of responsibility where I could work on my own projects but still have people to ask for advice when needed.

The area I worked in was very niche and not something I would have had the opportunity to do if I carried out my masters year at university. However the skills I’ve picked up are applicable to a wide area of industries.

Very friendly relaxed atmosphere

The placement was set up so that I had a lot of support whilst learning the methods and made sure I had enough data to write about in my dissertation

There were lots of opportunity’s for further development, such as the role of site ambassador

I did apply to their future leader programme but was unfortunately unsuccessful

Lots of socials were organised between the placement students as well as within my department

Very expensive

Worthing is quiet but only a 20 minute rain journey from Brighton which is very lively

Lots of sports days organised and socials