1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my internship. I learnt a lot and was able to get involved in actual work including communications with clients. The only thing I would say could be improved would be to have more small jobs for interns, as when the team was very busy they wouldnt have time to assign me work or didnt have anything I could do independently and were too busy to sit and explain.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued when I was able to complete the work a graduate would be doing and was invited to all team outings. The team were thankful for my work and involved me in all team meetings and spoke to me and explained things to me patiently and at any chance they could when they werent busy.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Was given support for example when I was unwell and worried about taking a day off my manager ensured it was okay. I had as much guidance as I could as I was taking on big projects however the manager was very busy so would help me where they could.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied some days I was very busy and had lots to be getting on with and those were the most enjoyable days however some days there wasnt much for me to be getting on with and having asked most members of the team a couple of times its difficult to continue asking.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility combined with the guidance from the manager meant I really learnt a lot and was able to do work that was hopefully useful to the team and felt more like a graduate than an intern.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
All the skills I learnt from being specific to the team to general industry skills will definetely help in my studies but also in any further jobs and interviews/assessment centres for graduate shcemes once I've finished university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Generally a very good atmosphere, everyone was very focussed on their work but also had fun and would communicate with eachother.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised, everthing was ready for me on the first day.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had a few pieces of training to complete despite it only being a 6 week internship.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
There were no perks with
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love a future within the organisation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was one other intern who I would see a lot and often have lunch with.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not too bad.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It is okay.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?