1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my internship at PwC, I have met lots of lovely people and undertaken a wide variety of work. Towards the end of my internship there was a slight lull in my workload, but when I asked for work there was always a great effort to find me something useful to do.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All of my colleagues gave me great feedback which meant that I got a graduate job offer at the end of my internship. This suggests they truly valued the work I did for them and I know that all of the work I took ownership of will be used in the future.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were very supportive throughout my internship and I was given a buddy at the very start to help me with any casual questions e.g. what I should wear. I was also assigned a careers coach who gave me advice on the different competencies within management consulting and how I can make the most of my internship in general.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was very busy for the majority of my internship and felt that the work I was doing was actually of importance to the team. However, they did seem to run out of work for me to do towards the end of my internship and so the work given became more admin based
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility towards the start of my internship, with the director giving me a large piece of work to undertake throughout the project which was completely my responsibility. I loved that I could take ownership of a key deliverable whilst still getting lots of useful feedback along the way.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed my communication skills, my confidence, my technical capabilities and my overall understanding of management consulting. I have got to try out various roles within the management consulting and feel that I have grown my network of connections across different lines of service as well. This has made me grow as a person and I already feel part of PwC as a company.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was great both on client site and in the main office. Everyone who I met at PwC is really friendly and eager to help you in any way they can. Although, there were plenty of stressful times throughout my internship, everyone on the team remained very level headed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Initially it was very well organised and everyone on the internship programme regardless of where they would be working and their line of service was asked to attend 3 days of training. This was a lovely start to the internship and the training was run very well. However, after this I feel that there could have been more guidance as to what we were meant to be doing in our first few days at the main office, where we were meant to be undertaking local training.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They gave lots of feedback and support from various levels in the hierarchy. I think that the first 3 training days we had were one of my highlights of the whole internship as it was really well run and we each got our own en suite room in a lovely hotel. We also had all of our meals and drinks paid for, including one set menu meal on the final night.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am very excited to accept the graduate scheme offer at PwC as it is renowned for its excellence. I think that the internship was the best way to get into the graduate scheme and I am very pleased that I had the opportunity to do it. I would really recommend it to anyone thinking about doing it.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All of the other interns were lovely and we often organised an event every week after work, mostly on Fridays where we would go for drinks, dinner or another event. On Fridays (when people weren't on client site), I would always go and sit with the other interns as I did my work.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?