Communications and Marketing Intern at RBS

Edinburgh Scotland
Public Relations

RBS is a Top Employer

8.4/10

Interning for 10 weeks in the Corporate Affairs team at RBS.

Internship was extremely enjoyable and I was encouraged to participate in a diverse range of activities.

Colleagues treated me like a true employee and I was encouraged to take responsibility for tasks.

Line manager was extremely supportive and caring. They ensured that I was participating in as many diverse experiences as I could.

Sometimes felt that I could have been entrusted with meatier tasks that required more thought. On the whole, I was kept reasonably busy.

I was given responsibility for a number of tasks, sometimes at the last minute, and I felt a trusted part of the team.

I learnt extremely vital skills during my internship and these can apply at university, and other workplaces.

Excellent and sociable atmosphere. Colleague interactions were encouraged. Easy to have meetings and catch-ups.

Programme in my department was extremely organised. A few issues with organising security passes etc.

You are encouraged to attend training session and expand your knowledge of the bank.

Ability to be offered a place on the graduate scheme. Appears to be generous rates of promotion following this.

Intern social events were often organised and you were encouraged to collaborate with fellow interns.

I already have a flat here so it made no difference.

Edinburgh nightlife is obviously very good.

Not sure what this means.