Commercial banking - coverage at RBS

RBS is a Top Employer

6.6/10

6.4

Relationship management team

I was lucky and was placed in a good team. I got to go to lots of client meetings and had some responsibility emailing clients and finding information from internal sources. I

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at RBS

Being in a very client facing team, I realise that there was limited jobs I could do to add real value to the team in such a short space of time. However, the jobs that I did do, I feel like helped the team. I also had the opportunity to meet a number of senior staff members, which was very exciting for an intern.

I knew if I needed help at any point I could just ask for it. My team was very open and there were a few people I felt I could go to if I was stuck. However, I didn't have many one to ones with my line manager, which I think would have been quite valuable.

This varied a lot. Towards the end I was a lot more busy because of CSR and my report and presentation assessment.

At times quite a lot taking minutes from client meetings and contacting clients directly.

Learning the language of emailing clients .

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at RBS

Hardworking and somehow light hearted at the same time. My team worked hard but everyone was very open and chatty. The hours weren't ridiculous and I felt very welcomed by everyone in my team. They all made time in their calendar to talk to me and make me feel included.

Mixed, I don't think there was too much organisation. A lot depended on what team you were placed in. The line managers didn't seem to know what their responsibility was with us.

I wish there was more training at the beginning like other internships get. But I know its very team dependent and there's a lot more learning on the grad scheme.

Very good

Yes, lots of events were put on for the interns and good space to socialise.

high as I was in London.

good, again being in London

Yes, I was involved in a Softball tournament and invited on a tennis tournament.