1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
when work was available it was interesting and it was nice to know the procedure within projects, was involved in a variety of shadowing and parts of the team. There was quite a few time when it was hard to find things to do towards the end of placement but that just depends
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
they are very friendly, and involve us in socials and get to know us and treat us like part of the team. they are also very helpful in sharing work with us when there was something that we could do. They were quite conversational on a daily basis and made us feel included
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
there were a few catch ups with my buddy and career coach and they were always happy to answer any questions. They were both very easy to talk to and my career coach was super helpful in helping me understand how things progress and how to make the most of my internship
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
when involved in long term project there was lots to do and was busy all day but once that was finished it would sometimes be hard to find something else to do. generally would pick up odd tasks during the day so would have a few gaps in the day
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
we were given quite a bit of responsibility, I was involved in a project where they had explained the background and what needed to be done. so we would create the formulas and input the numbers which was then checked by others but minimal changes would be made at times.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learnt a lot about pensions, they gave a webinars style training sessions which was helpful as a reference point and something to look back on throughout the internship. I feel like we did a lot of technical work for an internship. Google training was particularly helpful as I can use it in university
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
People are very friendly, they celebrate when someone has achieved something and theres always a card for someone who is leaving and a speech of acknowledgement. everyone is super lovely and recognise people's contributions and happy to give feedback which is super helpful. Overall, everyone is easy to talk to.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
people were always trying to give as much work as possible to us, otherwise there was training notes for us to read through. the training days were helpful and fun to get to know what the department does and when we came on the first day of work there was work ready for me to get started on
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were online training sessions done in the first 2 weeks which were very helpful to understanding the work more and what would be going on when we shadowed senior members. Everyone that we did work would explain in detail the background of the work and the definitions of technical terms
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Got a job
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Amongst the interns there was always someone trying to organise something to bring everyone together, generally people stay within their departments. Pensions only had 2 interns however I am still in contact with the interns I met in the training days and we all meet up on a regular basis
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is moderately expensive but expected so still go out
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
there are lots of restaurant and bars nearby. many different options of places to go, never short for space
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?