Associate Clinical Data Scientist at GSK

Pharmaceutical

GSK is a Top Employer

7.7/10

7.4

The job involved acting as a data manager. A data manager ensures data quality during clinical trials. This is achieved by setting up the data collection tools and running checks on the data to interrogate it.

I really enjoyed my placement. Some of the tasks were more interesting than others but I definitely learned a lot.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at GSK

I always felt valued by my colleagues. I felt like any other member of the team and everyone was really nice and welcoming.

There was plenty of training material and my manager was always ready to answer any questions I had. The other members of the department were also always willing to help.

I was really busy on a daily basis which made me feel like I was making the most of my placement year.

During my placements the students were given as much responsibility as they were willing to take on. This was really positive for my learning experience as I got to be involved in high responsibility tasks!

I am sure the confidence, communication and time management skills developed during this year will be very useful in the future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 2 roles at GSK

The office was pretty standard. However, we did have development days, different talks and site events which were really good!

The internship was organised really good. You start by getting your head around the job and your responsibilities increase as the year progresses.

The company was always happy and encouraging us to take part in development days. These mainly included visiting and shadowing other areas of the company.

The future employment prospects within the company are really good. They make it easier to apply to future leadership programs internally and they have been hiring old IP students back!

The students organised a lot of socials which was very good and the colleagues did also do occasional drinks.

There is not much to do around Stockley park. However, there are lots of places to socialise in London, however everything is expensive.

Stockley park did not have a good nightlife but it is really close to London which obviously is a great place to go out!

There were a couple of activities to get involved with outside of work. These were organised mainly by students.