1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my work placement very much as I was placed on a big brand which was going through an interesting period with NPD launches and so was able to see that aspect of things.
The workplace culture in the company is very good and is a great place to start your working career as everyone is really nice and make you feel welcome and valued.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given tasks that were crucial to the welfare of the brand and so my colleagues leant on me for support as I became the expert in these tasks in the team. I was always ready to take on any additional ad hoc tasks that they needed my help with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had weekly meetings with my manager to discuss my ongoing projects and I was always asked if my workload was fine and if I had too much or too little to do. I also had reviews at the start, middle and end of my placement which helped to keep track of how I was progressing during the year. The rest of the team were always available and more than happy to answer any questions I had
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It would differ from brand to brand as some seasonal brands would be busier during different seasons. I found myself quite busy at times due to NPD launches and having to get things ready for those. There are times where things are less busy but there is generally always something to do even if it is was doing extra trainings that went toward your development
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibility on my daily tasks with the ability to shape these if I thought there was a better way to do them. I was also given the opportunity to lead a few key projects where I worked cross functionally and the team would only get involved if I needed help
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has helped me to develop multiple skills like presentation skills, analytical skills as well.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in the office was very lively with conversations always going on as everyone is really friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well set up with start of the year, mid-year and end of year reviews as well as weekly catch ups with my line manager. The necessary trainings were also provided early on in the placement and depending on your former placement, there was an informative handover period
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company provided multiple trainings throughout the year that gave insight into innovations in the marketing industry as well as basic trainings on excel etc.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am open to returning to the company depending on which brand I am in since there are some I am more interested in. It is a great company for development as they give you a lot of responsibility so I'd have no issues returning.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
It would depend on the group of placements but there was generally like one night out every month at the start. It gets harder as the placement goes on and people go on holiday and go home but it is what you make of it
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in London so I can't speak too much on the cost of living in Maidenhead but socialising wasn't too expensive compared to London
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was alright with only a couple of pubs and one club that I went to. It was better than expected but you'd be better off going to London
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are opportunities to get involved in volunteering as well as sports teams with colleagues