Marketing Executive at Tech Data

Advertising Marketing

Tech Data is a Top Employer

7.2/10

6.0

The culture at Tech Data is very welcoming and people focused. I enjoyed working in a specific job role as I was part of the digital and data team that gave me a lot of responsibility.

I have never been treated as a placement student and was given the same jobs and level of responsibility as the other permanent colleagues in my team.

My line manager has been extremely helpful throughout the year. From the start of the year I've had the opportunity to talk with senior marketing members and always have someone that I feel like I can speak to.

At the beginning of the quarter the work can be quiet. However, this is expected. At the end of the quarter it can become busy which I prefer as I'm driven when it's busier.

Throughout the year, I was given a lot of responsibility.

The skills I received will assist me in my degree and future career as I was part of the digital team and digital will be a huge part of every business. My degree focuses on digital marketing and analytics, so having experiencing and learning in an organisation will benefit me and help me understand the theories.

The office is very friendly and people focused, for example we had a week focused on raising mental health awareness.

The placement was well organised and I was part of the team and trained from day 1.

I was able to take internal courses that my manager recommended to me. These included an 'Intermediate Excel', 'Influencing others' and 'Developing your personal brand'. I also had the opportunity to cover social media at Tech Data events.

I think this is dependent on the job role within the business, however some employees have been here for many years.

Yes, I have made some good friends from working here and some people shared a placement house.

I commuted to work by train which was expensive however, the area seems to be reasonable.

I travelled to Reading for the nightlife however, it seems good in Basingstoke too.

There is a social club where you can pay to be involved in activities outside of work, such as trips to London.