1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The culture at Tech Data is very welcoming and people focused. I enjoyed working in a specific job role as I was part of the digital and data team that gave me a lot of responsibility.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have never been treated as a placement student and was given the same jobs and level of responsibility as the other permanent colleagues in my team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager has been extremely helpful throughout the year. From the start of the year I've had the opportunity to talk with senior marketing members and always have someone that I feel like I can speak to.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At the beginning of the quarter the work can be quiet. However, this is expected. At the end of the quarter it can become busy which I prefer as I'm driven when it's busier.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Throughout the year, I was given a lot of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I received will assist me in my degree and future career as I was part of the digital team and digital will be a huge part of every business. My degree focuses on digital marketing and analytics, so having experiencing and learning in an organisation will benefit me and help me understand the theories.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is very friendly and people focused, for example we had a week focused on raising mental health awareness.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement was well organised and I was part of the team and trained from day 1.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was able to take internal courses that my manager recommended to me. These included an 'Intermediate Excel', 'Influencing others' and 'Developing your personal brand'. I also had the opportunity to cover social media at Tech Data events.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think this is dependent on the job role within the business, however some employees have been here for many years.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, I have made some good friends from working here and some people shared a placement house.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I commuted to work by train which was expensive however, the area seems to be reasonable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I travelled to Reading for the nightlife however, it seems good in Basingstoke too.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is a social club where you can pay to be involved in activities outside of work, such as trips to London.