Spring Intern - Structured Finance at RBS

Banking - Commercial

RBS is a Top Employer

8.7/10

It was a lovely time where we got to know more about the culture of the bank and the daily life of their employees.

The senior management was constantly asking for our feedbacks so that they could provide a better experience for us.

The employees at RBS kept making sure that all of us were taken care of and none of us was excluded. They made sure that we were in good condition - physically and mentally.

The insights on what their employees do and what path of career development they follow were helpful for me to plan my own career in the future.

We were given a well-structured schedule on the first day and everything went quite smoothly despite some minor adjustments.

Everyone was nice and supportive. People have become good friends after the program and candidates have built up their own network with the employees.

They not only provided us insights about how the company was like, also trainings on how to pitch, how to exhibit values, etc.

We were presented what was it like to be a full-time analyst by their graduates, associates and senior members. It was really helpful but it would be better if we could know what they are doing daily by their desk.

We were given opportunities to talk with many people in different teams. They showed us a friendly environment where people are more supportive than competitive.

It was a great experience to change my stereotypes about banks, which refreshed my understandings about what they do.

We were reimbursed travel and dinner expenses.

We had the opportunities to meet with people from different levels within the department, from newly graduates to the managing director.

We had several opportunities to network with their employees, for instance lunch with directors, speed dating with VPs, etc.

They introduced us to series of leisure and CSR activities, which were really interesting.

I would love to. It’s different in its own way, showing a nice and supportive environment and culture.