1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I greatly enjoyed my placement.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I felt very valued by my colleagues and senior management.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given plenty of pastoral support through catch-ups twice a week.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I never had a boring day! I was extremely busy but it was very manageable - the perfect balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given incredible autonomy and responsibility over my work.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I would say I developed a number of transferable soft skills (communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creative problems solving teamwork, time management) which I can directly apply to both my degree and future jobs.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very busy, high-energy, fun, young, dynamic.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised, enabling more and responsibility throughout my tenure.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I believe the firm invested in me the same way they would invest in a Graduate Associate.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, I would be keen to return as I like the development path.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, everyone is very friendly and keen to go for lunches!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is very expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
So much to do!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there are plenty of sporting events, as well as company-wide and team events occurring at least monthly.