Student Design/Development Engineer at Delphi Technologies

Engineering

5.2/10

3.0

To support the Core Development Team

I enjoyed my placement since it exposed me to new areas of engineering and helped me develop my soft skills. I am now much more mature than when I started.

I felt I was part of the team and my skills were valued within the department.

I was given lots of guidance initially and was supported throughout the placement with all of my projects.

I was mostly very busy with more than one project/task under my responsibility at any one time.

I was given quite a lot of responsibility designing a rig for the team for which the project was solely mine.

The soft skills I gained, such as increased confidence will definitely help me for my final at university. I am also much more organised.

Professional and friendly place to work.

The placement was organised in such a way that the student would be helping on tasks depending on the work needed at the time. There was no clear structure in terms of training or what the student would be doing throughout the year. It depended on what was needed.

There were no external training programmes but time was given to learn certain software that was needed for the job.

Unfortunately the type of job and atmosphere are not what I'm looking for.

Not particularly.

Not many areas to socialise, average prices.

non-existent