1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved it it was the best job that I did since I started working. It was enjoyable, Enthusiastic there were times where I wish I had'nt bother but that feeling soon goes away Trust Me!!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was a fresh idea which walked in to a dull business atmosphere. My skills and potential bought some life to the old environment and made me some what popular individual for socialising with. i'm sure that happens to all of us!!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
All the way from day one till leaving they were all really helpful. I asked so many questions yet they were patient and answered all of them without hesitating.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Tied till Dusk
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was made project mamnager for few times of p[roducts which could make the biusiness fortunes. i also was held responsible for the launch of the internal webpage. I guess I exploited myself which maybe resulted in lots of things being dumped on me but I enjoyed it.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was never good at planning and organising or managing time effectively. The placement does help you in some way to become slightly mature and responsible and by some percent it will add more grades to your degree. Also you will have a better chance of getting a job than your university colleagues who missed out on the chance.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Moody, Rusty sometimes dull but it was never boring.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Great!! worked like a charm few emails with CV attachments and there I was sitting infront of my boss in a n interview and being offered a job.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Not as much as I would have liked. But they did offer a lot of company product training. This was helpful to my job but not my performance. but the trainings were expensive and I was only there for 12 months so the company might have thought twice.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I am currentlyy at full time work with them. They chased me not the other way around need I say more
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes we all shared our experiences on a regular basis.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite expensive!! but I took home bringings.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Didnt stay that long my job finished quite early. But I did go out on a few nights it was lively.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes we had certain activities taken place such as outside door vists to community centres and team building activites. Plus I was also travelling with Management to certain destinations around the U.K