Assistant Product Manager, LCV at Renault

Rickmansworth Greater London
Marketing

7.0/10

The office atmosphere is lovely and there are loads of other placement students to mingle with.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Renault

Both my managers gave me lots of feedback and I would have regular meetings with them about what was going on in our department. I felt really included and could see the work I was doing mattered.

Having a weekly 1-2-1 with my manager made sure that I was able to voice any issues I was having or had that week. It was also a good opportunity for them to set me new tasks as well as for me to update them on my progress.

It varied, some days I would be completely swamped with work and others I would be able to manage. It also depends on the tasks I was doing at the time. Some weeks my reports would have no changes and so I wouldn't be too busy but other days the market could have changed loads and I would be swamped. It was a nice balance.

At the start, as expected, I wasn't given too much responsibility as I was just starting out and needed to learn the basics. As time went on I was given more and more responsibility and even ended up helping plan one of our biggest events of the year.

Networking and gaining industry experience has helped me better understand the career I would like to go into.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Renault

As there are around 25 placement students they office tends to be a rather fun environment. The managers love getting to know everyone and they are always very chatty and friendly.

My individual managers organised my role really well and I felt supported by them. The scheme itself is rather straight forward

We were given legal training as a collective at the start and then each intern or department would receive various ad hoc training depending on the programmes you used.

For me personally the automotive industry is not one I could see myself returning to but marketing is something I would do.

My year of students all got on really well and we organised lots of nights out and dinner and even went to Royal Ascot.

I'm not too sure as I lived at home so didn't experience the area really.

The nightlife was tragic but when there's enough of you any night out is fun and central London is not too far away.

Not so much but if you ask the right people or want to set something up HR are more than happy to support you