1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The office atmosphere is lovely and there are loads of other placement students to mingle with.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Both my managers gave me lots of feedback and I would have regular meetings with them about what was going on in our department. I felt really included and could see the work I was doing mattered.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Having a weekly 1-2-1 with my manager made sure that I was able to voice any issues I was having or had that week. It was also a good opportunity for them to set me new tasks as well as for me to update them on my progress.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It varied, some days I would be completely swamped with work and others I would be able to manage. It also depends on the tasks I was doing at the time. Some weeks my reports would have no changes and so I wouldn't be too busy but other days the market could have changed loads and I would be swamped. It was a nice balance.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At the start, as expected, I wasn't given too much responsibility as I was just starting out and needed to learn the basics. As time went on I was given more and more responsibility and even ended up helping plan one of our biggest events of the year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Networking and gaining industry experience has helped me better understand the career I would like to go into.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
As there are around 25 placement students they office tends to be a rather fun environment. The managers love getting to know everyone and they are always very chatty and friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My individual managers organised my role really well and I felt supported by them. The scheme itself is rather straight forward
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given legal training as a collective at the start and then each intern or department would receive various ad hoc training depending on the programmes you used.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
For me personally the automotive industry is not one I could see myself returning to but marketing is something I would do.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
My year of students all got on really well and we organised lots of nights out and dinner and even went to Royal Ascot.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I'm not too sure as I lived at home so didn't experience the area really.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was tragic but when there's enough of you any night out is fun and central London is not too far away.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Not so much but if you ask the right people or want to set something up HR are more than happy to support you