I had a great time meeting the various people who work in the business area I was shadowing in. I attended meetings, phone calls, and had informal chats with company representatives. It was also fun to have other candidates around and meet them.
2. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
The Early Careers team ensured that our experience was great and they made us all feel very valued. The employees we shadowed also took time out of their busy schedules to speak with us, which was very inspiring.
3. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
We were all well-supported throughout the insight week and well looked after. Questions were answered in time.
4. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I've learned a lot about the business area I shadowed in and that will definitely have a role in assisting my studies.
5. How well structured was the insight?
The Insight Week was very well structured and we had a variety of activities to do including attending a career development fair.
6. How was the general atmosphere during your insight?
Very nice atmosphere. Everyone at RBS was very supportive and the other candidates were great to have the experience with.
7. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
8. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
9. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
Culture was always mentioned by employees and it's something they are proud of.
10. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
11. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
12. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
13. How were the networking/ social event opportunities?
14. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?