1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The work was very fulfilling and satisfying to complete. At times it got tedious but in the end it was all worth it! The mix of workshops and days off during the internship ensured that I was always engaged and alert.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
All my colleagues made me feel valued and all were there to ensure that I was able to perform at my very best throughout the internship. Senior leaders and managers never turned me down for a chat or help with work
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My management and coaches were there at all times to give me help and support and this provided me with the perfect platform to grow!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
For the most part I was busy. Occasionally me and my team finished out work early but there was always something else to complete right around the corner
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We were given a task which would aid the customer satisfaction which felt like an adequate level of responsibility for interns
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills are I learnt are less applicable to my degree but more than anything, they taught me lessons in work professionalism that I will not be able to find anywhere in academia
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
friendly, relaxed and perfectly suited to the working environment. Also great food
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Pretty well organised. Nothing bad I can think of except having to go down to birmingham for discovery day
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot, lunch and learns, a grad coach and a manager, along with all the e-learnings is a lot for the space of 8 weeks
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
amazing, truly a great firm to work for with there new "healthy human system"
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Me and my team socialised a lot, especially for the leeds hub
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
cheap. my rent was 250 pounds which is amazing, not the greatest area which could have been aided with some info beforehand
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
good amount of clubs, bars and restaurants. good activities as well such as bowling etc.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes, the intern team helped us by giving each others information so we could meet up, etc. created social secs to organise socials as well