7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in my office was really good. I really enjoyed and was looking forward to coming to work in the mornings! People were really nice and helpful and I became friends with everyone.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I believe that the internship was very well structured. I had 3 official client engagements and a week on clients site. There was an induction day on the first day which I found very useful. I also think that the self reflection spreadsheet that we had to keep updating throughout the internship is a good thing.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I have done a few online trainings which I found very useful. I believe that the company is very individual concentrated and invests in people's development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing. I would definitely like to come back as a graduate if successful. The company offers great opportunity especially by providing the CA training.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there was a lot of social possibilities. We had an interns night organised for us with dinner and drinks. There was something happening basically every Friday. We also had introductory drinks and leavening lunch. Loads of networking opportunities.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's reasonable, can be quite pricy. Especially during the fringe festival in Edinburgh the prices do go up by quite a lot.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There's quite a few nightclubs in Edinburgh offering different music so the nightlife is pretty decent.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, especially during the fringe show. We would organise drinks or go to a show together.
Imagine yourself working at KPMG
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at KPMG