Commercial Analyst at Johnson & Johnson

Leeds Yorkshire and Humberside
Business Analytics

Johnson & Johnson is a Top Employer

9.5/10

Using sales data & providing meaningful insights to the sales team to help assist them on business wins and tenders. Also used market data and analysed this to assist sales managers the size of accounts and whether they can win business here.

I thoroughly enjoyed my placement year & I have learnt many useful skills and met many incredible people to help me in my future.

I felt highly valued by my team, and I was treated as a valued employee and not a placement student. I had high responsibility for the work I produced.

I had regular meetings with my supervisor and if there was any point I felt I was struggling he would support me and take some work off me or help me with my issues

I always had work to complete, but some days were busier than others due to weekly deadlines. I was rarely sat at my desk with nothing to do.

I was treated as a full time employee and I was given a lot of responsibility. There were parts of the job where I was the owner of something within the team & the most knowledgeable.

I have developed all of my skills such as excel, communication, team working, collaboration across departments, resilience, problem solving. Also, after this year my analytical ability & the way I view situations is much more advanced. I have also improved my skills using the systems within the company which are very transferable.

I had a nice open plan office where I was able to get to know everyone from different departments. There are nice coffee areas where I got to meet a few of my best friends from the year. There are also many "think tanks" where if you needed to be alone and get the work done you can.

I had an excellent introduction. Someone from the marketing team planned several types of product training within the first 2 weeks and my old placement student created a 2 week timetable to introduce me to the job. I got to sit with each member of the team for this as well so it was a nice way to get to know everyone.

The company invested a lot in terms of product knowledge. I had in depth training sessions during my first 2 weeks which was really interesting. I also was able to go watch a surgery in a hospital & see how are products are used.I found this very insightful to actually see how are products are used and how the sales team interact with our customers.

I 100% want to stay with J&J. I love the company and everyone that I have met there. There are so many great opportunities and I was even successful in be able to work part time one day a week within my team whilst I am back at university.

I was only friends with 3 of the other placement students as the rest live in a house together and it wasn't easy to interact with them. But I am very happy with the 3 best mates with placement students I have made this year.
I had an excellent social life with other work colleagues whether that within my team or outside of my team. You need to be willing to get a group together & put out suggestions to do activities.

Leeds is excellent, relatively cheap too! Student housing is low and activities are also not to expensive.

Excellent. There are many great things to do of a nighttime in Leeds. Its a huge student city so there are nights outs/events for every genre of music/taste.

There are opportunities for events with work outside of work such as charity days which are fun, or there is the Christmas party.