Customer Solutions intern in Commerical and Private Banking. Worked in the Customer Experience team were I analysed survey data, mapped customer journeys and worked on material improvement programmes to benefit the bank and customer.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
My work wasn't quite as expected but I have learnt a lot about the bank.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My line manager and immediate team have been so supportive and proactive.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Bi-weekly one-to-ones that have been really structured and beneficial
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days not so busy but we have individual projects set outside the work of the team so always had things to do.n
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
A fair amount but not loads - you have to ask for it
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
This job will definitely benefit me in future employment - I have learnt so much about the bank, the work of my team and other teams and wider experience of networking
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really friendly and casual, good emphasis on teamwork
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely - lots of projects for just interns and learning opportunities.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of time and manager contact as well as online resources that we are encouraged to complete.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would really love a place on the grad scheme but it will be very different from the internship so I need to research a little in to the wider bank and not just my business area
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, interns were very social and my team were keen to socialise
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Minimal because I was living at home but bars are decently priced
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?