Vacation Scheme Student at Simmons & Simmons LLP

Legal/Law

8.6/10

I had an absolutely wonderful two weeks. The only drawback was I was a little bit short of work at times, but I can't think of a better work environment.

Incredibly. The amount of respect and consideration we were given as vac schemers was incredibly encouraging.

Everyone was always friendly and willing to talk me through any problems that I had.

Any vacation scheme is great practice for further schemes and future working life.

I found the environment to be collegiate and helpful, and the other vac schemers to be friendly.

Everyone always had time to help me understand anything if I had difficulty. My second seat buddy took time to give me a formal rundown of the area of law I'd be working in.

I was given real trainee work and responsibility for drafting and research.

The culture was evident throughout the vac scheme, both in the scheduled activities and in the general attitude of the firm.

I have already got a firm idea of my future career path, but the scheme gave me a good indication that Simmons is the place to realise it.

Amply paid.

The lack of formal networking didn't really matter, since the staff of the firm were so approachable and friendly.

The social events were wonderful!

A formal session on this would have been useful, but the trainees were always willing to share their experiences, so we got a good impression anyway.